Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Edna's recipes

Its turning into a beautiful autumn in the Blue Mountains, the European trees are changing to their brilliant autumnal browns, yellows and oranges, fragrant wood smoke from slow combustion stoves scents the air and the mists are filling the valleys. I love the seasonal nature of where I live.

I have been away from Blue Mountain Bliss blog for a week as I've been busy with study, work, and house hunting, all time consuming occupations taking me away from the blog sphere and my kitchen and studio.

However, I haven't stopped writing and I have been creating another blog, a blog in remembrance of my mother and her cooking, I've called it Edna's Recipes as its a cyber record of my mother's hand written recipes between the 1930's to the 1970's. So why not go and visit it and read about the 'make do and mend' generation and how her cooking reflected her love for me, my father and my siblings. Happy mother's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment