Over the winter M and I have been creating her Italian renaissance gown, I posted the start of the project in May under 16th century corset and cheese toasties but haven't done an update since then. We made all the underpinnings first, camica, corset and farthingale:
We used Festive Attyre's Italian camica pattern (the corset M has on in the piccie is mine).
We used the Elizabethan Costume corset generator and rope for boning technique as suggested on the site, it gives a softer line than cable ties.
We made the farthingale using the Renaissance Tailor instructions and interpretation of Juan Alcega's Tailors Pattern Book
Haven't got a picture of the bum roll but you can get the sense of it under the farthingale in this photo:
Onto the making of the Bodice .....>